Sarah Rosemary at Sunny Side Up and I are hosting our own Reverb11, a series of prompts to look back on 2011 and manifest the new year. Please check our Reverb11 pages for details, and join in!
Prompt for December 3: Celebration: What did you celebrate this year? What do you hope to celebrate next year?
- Miss Mal’s birthday: the first Winesday Birthday (precedent set!)
- Major Life Change
- Hyannis Marathon: I ran this because the last Anniversary Trip that Andrew and I ever took together involved an uncomfortable daytrip to Hyannis for fried clams. I needed to go back to the past and move forward in celebration of an accomplishment.
- Publix Georgia Marathon, Atlanta, GA: First solo marathon; no “Team Merethon” along for the ride. The course for this race ran past a very painful place for me. When people you love are mean when you need them more than you care to admit, running down Ponce de Leon Avenue in celebration of forgiveness and truly moving on is…cathartic.
- Receiving our Mt Whitney Permit
- Getting on a train in Edinburgh; choosing things out-of-character
- Pittsburgh Marathon: running through the places where my family is from; visiting with the people to whom I am related; getting a streetlevel view of my Dad’s hometown
- 24 hours in Paris; drinks under Parisian summer skies; getting stopped at Gare du Paris Nord; oversleeping on a London Saturday.
- 2nd Annual Winesday 4th of July; our 2nd Annual Running of the New Canaan 4 on the 4th
- Two years of legal non-marriage
- The Summit
- Things long awaited
- Chicago Marathon: Going back to a place where I was hurt professionally — someplace I’d avoided for 2.5 years; celebrating another marathon finish with the people I explored strange and difficult circumstances on the other side of the world; seeing Kate & Paul and their little one. Undoing past aches. Getting on a plane, again.
- Every day with the people I love
- The people above, others, and more…