Reverb14 is a prompt-a-day series for the month of December designed to reflect on 2014 and project hopes and dreams for 2015. Throughout December,Sarah, Kat and I will post each day with a new prompt. Join us by writing, or join us by reading. Follow us on Twitter @project_reverb and #reverb14.
In and Out List | Each year the Washington Post (and various other media) pens an “in and out” list comprised of pop culture people/items that are in and out. What’s on your in and out list?
– Plastics (the products; the people)
– Forced domesticity
– Nail art (Please stop trying to make nail art happen.)
– Drinking due to peer pressure
– Mindless acquisition of stuff and things
– Juice fasts, detoxes, and other restrictive regimes
– Selfies (I judge me. I judge you.)
– Reading longform everything (I like the stuff curated at Longform.org)
– Mixing patterns and prints (who says tartans and florals don’t match?)
– Outsourcing dinner (or any meal for that matter – I like Provenance Meals; Sakara Life; and the pre-prepared products available from Fresh Direct)
– Lower-impact exercise than running 6 marathons a year (I like Refine Method; SLT; TRX classes; and pretty much any indoor cycling that is not SoulCycle)
– Vests (or as they are known in the rest of the world, gilets, body warmers, etc.) (NB: these will never be out of style)
– Vocal gratitude.